1.02.2006

resolutions

January 2 is the official holiday in Massachusetts--therefore these resolutions are not late :)

I don't remember ever being one to make a resolution. I'd just break it anyways. Can you honestly imagine me giving up, say, soda or caffeine. I could make all my resolutions attainable--giving up coffee or to go to church. But, unfortunately for me, that's exactly not the point of resolutions. Also, I would say I did fairly well for myself last year without a resolution. I made some serious progress health wise--conquering some major fears and pushing ahead despite the large levels of suck involved :) That all being said, here are a few, real-life resolutions for 2006:


1. ** **** ****** *** *** *********!
That's right folks, a resolution even too personal for you all (by you all I mean the masses of people few people one person who reads this. Besides it being a little more personal, I don't deal well with failure, so to safeguard myself from having others know that I failed, I just won't tell you. It will still bother me if I don't succeed, but let's not squash all hope.

2. Make more of my time.
I'm a procrastinator. Some things, when you procrastinate, aren't actually put off but they're missed out on. Such as, spending time in the word--if you've put that off until tomorrow than you've missed out on something today. It's not like doing the laundry, etc.

3. Sleep more.
This piggybacks on resolution number 2. Seven hours of sleep or less just doesn't cut it. Back in college I was lucky to get 5 hours or any sleep during finals, but the Melissa that now works 40 hours a week and is getting older just cannot handle it. It's really the end of an era and also a more unachievable goal.

3 comments:

Matt said...

you won't tell me?! too personal?! WHAT?

P.S. who needs sleep?

Matt said...

oh yeah, and this comment is to demonstrate how to leave a comment on a blog. Observe and learn how to do it! :)

Matt said...

my comment in and of itself was a tutorial for how to leave a comment. Melissa never comments on my blogs, so i was trying to teach her how so that she will learn. we'll see...